ARLINGTON, Texas - The United States Bowling Congress now is accepting entries for the annual USBC Writing Competition. Submissions must be postmarked by Feb. 15, 2014.
The 62nd annual writing competition once again will have two categories - a News/Feature category and an Editorial category - and three winners will be selected in each category. Winners will receive a certificate and paid one-year membership in the International Bowling Media Association.
Articles must have been published between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2013 to be eligible for the competition.
The News/Feature category is for non-fiction stories about any individual, facility, equipment or organization related to tenpin bowling, or coverage of a bowling tournament or event. The Editorial category is for opinion articles related to tenpin bowling subject.
The guidelines for all entries:
- Entries should not be mounted.
- Entries should be clearly identified as to author and category, publication name and date of publication. The author's name, mailing address and email address must be included with entry.
- Entries are limited to two per author in each category.
- Entries must be original clippings from the respective publication. Entries published on the Internet must be printed out and include the website link.
- Entries will not be returned.
Please send entries to: USBC Writing Competition, 621 Six Flags Drive, Arlington, TX 76011.