Super Senior Classic
ITRC@ International Bowling Campus ~
October 30 – November 1, 2013
- Each entrant will be allowed a maximum of eight
bowling balls in the bowling center at one time. Any or all bowling balls may
be changed before or after any qualifying block.
- All bowling balls must meet USBC specifications.
- Plugged bowling balls are allowed.
- Random bowling ball checking may be done as
deemed necessary by tournament management.
- Any bowler may request to have their bowling
balls checked prior to competition.
- No ball may be used during competition,
including practice, that is not available for sale to the general public. Penalty for doing so may include
disqualification from the tournament without refund.
- Once competition begins, the outer surface of
the ball may only be cleaned with a dry towel.
- No substance, including but not limited to talcum
powder and EZ Slide, can be applied to the bottom of a player’s shoes.
- If a delay of 10 minutes or longer occurs during
competition, tournament management, at its discretion, may authorize warm-up
ball(s) prior to the re-starting of competition.
- A collared shirt with the participant’s name on the back
must be worn during every round of competition (including the stepladder finals).
Mock turtlenecks or bowling jerseys without collars are allowed.
- Lettering must be at least two inches in height.
- Last or full name on a detachable name plaque is acceptable.
- Paper name plaques are not acceptable.
- Men must wear dress slacks.
- Women may wear
dress slacks or skirts. Skirts must be longer than your fingers when arm is
extended down the side of the body.
Examples of prohibited attire include but are not limited
- Tank tops, halter tops, bare midriffs, spaghetti strap
tops, hats (medical reason only), etc.
- Workout attire, t-shirts, shorts, short skirts, bib
- Cords, jeans, or any kind of denim.
- Bowlers will be required to change if attire is deemed
inappropriate by tournament management.
- Tournament management has the authority to fine a
bowler $50 for each offense.
- Tournament management decision will be final.
EATING, DRINKING, SMOKING
- Entrants are NOT permitted to smoke or drink alcoholic
beverages while participating in this event. This includes from the start of
practice to the last ball thrown for score in qualifying, match play and
- Bowlers are permitted to eat a small snack (ex:
power bars, candy bars, fruit) during competition.
- The tournament field is limited to the first 56
- All participants must be 60 years of age or
older as of October 30, 2013.
- All participants must be current USBC members.
Proof of membership must be shown upon check-in.
- If current membership cannot be verified, USBC associate membership card must be purchased at
the tournament site at a cost of $21.00 USD.
- All participants give USBC their unqualified
permission to use their photograph for publicity purposes, to arrange for the
telecasts or broadcasts of the tournament without cost to the participant and
without sharing revenue derived therefrom with them.
Sport membership is not an eligibility requirement. However, in order to be
eligible for USBC Sport awards
earned, a USBC Sport membership is
required. To upgrade your current USBC membership to a USBC
Sport membership, the cost is $15.00 USD. It must be purchased prior to
competition and is available at registration.
- Entry deadline will be 4:00pm CT on October 29,
- Unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerated
on the lanes or inside the tournament venue.
- Individuals are subject to ejection for engaging
in improper tactics or conduct including, but not limited to, physical and
verbal abuse toward another person.
- $300 per participant until August 31, 2013
- $350 per participant September 1 – October 28.
- $400 on-site October 29, 2013.
- $25 processing fee for all entries not done
- Prize fee will be paid out 100%. Prize ratio
will be at least 1 for every 4 entrants.
- Prize fee: minimum of $250 per entry will go
into the prize fund.
LANE OIL PATTERN
- Pattern will be Sport Bowling compliant. It will be posted at the tournament venue and
on bowl.com no later October 29.
PRIZE MONEY AND
- Bowlers who earn prize money in this event will
be paid by check.
- If for any reason a bowler wishes to waive the
prize money, it is the participant’s responsibility to notify tournament staff
in writing, at time of registration regarding their refusal of the prize money.
If the prize money is waived, the amount will be returned to the prize fund for
- The tournament champion will receive symbolic
- The only sums to which a participant will be
entitled for bowling in this tournament are those prizes or awards which may be
won by the participant in this tournament.
- The IRS requires USBC to furnish 1099 forms to
individuals who accumulate winnings of $600 or more annually in any USBC event
in which they participate. Therefore, social security numbers are required by
to furnish a social security number (U.S. citizens) or Individual Tax ID
Number-ITIN (Non US citizens) to USBC will result in a 30% tax reduction of the
- Prize checks are distributed at the tournament.
Prize checks that are not distributed will be mailed to participants within 30
days of the conclusion of the tournament.
- Protests concerning scoring accuracy must be
filed with tournament management immediately.
- Complaints concerning approach conditions or
other equipment must be brought to the attention of the chief supervisor on
- An inspection will be made and then, if needed,
corrections will be made.
- If complaint is determined to be unwarranted,
the contestant must proceed to bowl or the games will be declared forfeited.
- Each entrant will bowl two blocks of six games
each. The top 25% of the field after 12 games of qualifying will move on to the
casher’s round and bowl four more games.
Pin fall from qualifying will carry over to the casher’s round. The top five scores after completion of the casher’s
round will advance to the stepladder finals.
- A bowler arriving late will begin play and her
score will count beginning with the frame then being bowled.
- A refund will be given, less $50 cancellation fee, to a bowler who withdraws prior to the start of the official practice session.
- No replacements will be permitted after the
- All bowlers must check in prior to the first
round of qualifying.
USBC membership card must be shown
at the initial check-in.
- Each bowler is allowed to take two re-racks per
game during qualifying and stepladder finals.
- Additional re-racks may be granted with
tournament management’s permission.
- Squad assignments will be posted on the official
tournament webpage no later than seven days prior to the first day of
qualifying. It is the bowler’s responsibility to know which squad he/she is on.
- If a bowler is late for his/her squad, he/she
will receive zero for each frame that he/she has missed. Bowlers who are late
for an earlier squad will not be moved to a later squad except for special
- Tournament management reserves the right to
change the number of qualifying squads in the tournament as late as seven days
prior to the first day of qualifying, based on entries.
START OF COMPETITION
- The definition of the “start of competition” is
when the participant’s first ball is thrown for score during qualifying and the
- The stepladder finals will be a
#5 and #4 will bowl a one game match, that winner will bowl against #3 and so
on until all bowlers have bowled.
- The last match will consist of winner of
previous match vs. position #1 to declare the champion.
- If there is a tie for the final position needed
to complete the field for the casher’s round, all bowlers involved in the tie
- If there is a tie for the 5th position for the stepladder
finals, one complete game shall immediately be bowled. The bowlers will draw
for the starting lane, and the bowler on the odd lane will start. Bowlers shall
have five minutes of practice.
- If a tie still exists at the end of the game a
complete 9th and 10th frame shall be bowled. The frame will be bowled on the
same lane on which each bowler finished the game. Bowler on the odd lane will
start first. This procedure will be followed until a tie is broken.
- If a tie exists at the end of any stepladder finals
match, a one-ball shootout will be bowled.
Higher seed will get choice of starting lane and bowling order. This procedure will continue until the tie is
- Tournament management has the final authority to
make interpretations of any tournament rules and make decisions regarding
anything not covered in the rules.
- All tournament information can be found at
- It is
each bowler’s responsibility to check the tournament webpage periodically for
To the Executive Director of the United States Bowling
Congress: I hereby make application to
participate in the 2013 USBC championship event listed and tender the entry
fees required therefore. I warrant that I am a USBC
member. I agree to abide by all tournament playing rules and regulations
prescribed by USBC, including all
provisions set forth on this form. I specifically agree for myself and any
replacement chosen by me or for me that if I am not eligible for participation
and/or cannot bowl in the USBC Senior Queens, then my prize, bowling, and
expense fees shall be forfeited and all sums tendered by me as prize, bowling
and expense fee may be retained by USBC
as liquidated damages. The entrant whose name appears hereon or my authorized
replacement hereby agrees that the USBC,
its officers and agents shall be liable only to the extent of returning entry
fees, less expenses, if and when that entrant shall be prevented from bowling
any event in the tournament through premature termination of the tournament,
which may be brought about by war, national emergency or emergencies or causes
relating thereto resulting therefrom, fires, labor difficulties, terrorism or
threats of terrorism, or other causes beyond the control of USBC. I further agree that USBC
may use my name and likenesses (including video) for promotional purposes at no
cost to me and with no fees being paid to me.
The entrant whose name appears on this application
and/or authorized replacement hereby agrees that the USBC, and its officers and
agents, shall not be liable for any injury resulting from participation in
bowling a USBC tournament, absent willful or gross negligence on the part of