ATHLETE ADVISORY COUNCIL (AAC)
All athletes/nominees must adhere to the following requirements prior to applying for the position:
o Must have represented the USA in Olympic, Pan American, WTBA World or American Zone
Championships or other Major International competition.
o Representation must have occurred within the preceding ten (10) years.
For more information on the AAC, please see the following URL from USOC: http://usathlete.org
• The USBC AAC term is for 4 years.
• Must be able to devote time and have wiliness to see the job through.
• Will be elected by athletes.
• USBC AAC meets approximately 1-2 times a year, at various locations around the country
(typically in Arlington).
• USBC AAC meetings typically start after a USBC Board meeting.
For the 4 Athlete Representatives. All expenses are paid by USBC.
• USOC AAC meets approximately 3-4 times a year, at various locations
around the country this is only for the USOC AAC Rep or Alternate.
• USOC AAC meetings typically start first thing Saturday morning and end by noon on Sunday.
All expenses are paid by USOC.
• In addition to the AAC, there are other USOC committees that you can serve on,
you can also run for the board of directors.
o These meeting are held on weekends and the number of times they meet
depends on the committee.
• It is expected that the representative member take notes at USOC meeting, report back to
the athletes, informing them of any new procedures or concerns.