2012 USBC Convention information
The 2012 USBC Convention is less than two weeks away. With so much going on during the week, we are going to highlight some of the activities outside of the Annual Meeting and workshops. The following events will have a cost associated with them but are recommended for attendees:
Tuesday, April 24
* Queens TV Finals and VIP Reception – A limited number of tickets remain at a cost of $50 to attend the VIP Reception that will feature snacks and an open bar before you watch the best women bowlers in the world compete for the coveted USBC Queens title. A limited number of tickets to attend just the Queens TV finals, which cost $20, also will be available.
* Welcome Reception and Queens Party – Hang out with your fellow delegates and watch the Queens TV finals
on a big-screen TV. Best of all - it's free!
Wednesday, April 25
* Bus Trip to Fort Worth – Delegates have the opportunity to explore all that Fort Worth has to offer.
Round-trip tickets are $10.
Thursday, April 26
* ITRC Coaching Sessions – For $50, delegates can receive a group lesson from the Team USA Coaching Staff. Classes are limited to 12 participants each.
* Hall of Fame Induction Dinner – For $30, delegates can enjoy dinner and watch the 2012 Hall of Fame Inductions.
Friday, April 27
* Texas Rangers vs. Tampa Bay Rays – Rangers Ballpark is within walking distance from the hotel.
Delegates can purchase discounted tickets at several different price points.
Click here to purchase tickets (Password: bowling12)
In addition to the exciting events above, delegates can get discounted tickets to the International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame as well as tours of Cowboys Stadium. Delegates showing their Convention badge can tour the IBM/HOF for $5 (regularly $9.50) and there will be extended hours to accommodate those interested.
Discounted tours of Cowboys Stadium must be purchased in advance using the form found here or on BOWL.com/convention, and are available for Tuesday and Wednesday only.
All events listed are under the Information tab of the Convention page or by clicking here.
Welcome Letter message in WinLABs
Associations should be sure to update their informational bullets points that will appear on the 2012-2013 membership card welcome letter. To update, please click on “setup” and then click on “Welcome Letter Message”. Make sure the information still is accurate and, upon confirmation, transmit to USBC so the association’s current information for the 2012-2013 season appears on the welcome letter.
Unpaid youth memberships
For those associations that process youth memberships, now is a good time to go into your Youth Processing System and verify that all memberships entered have been marked as paid.
Promotion allows Roll ‘N Grow members to buy a jersey for $5
New USBC Roll ‘N Grow members in Roll ‘N Grow leagues that start March 15 or later will be able to purchase the 2011-12 USBC Youth jersey for just $5.
The Roll ‘N Grow membership was created for ages 7 and under, and costs just $8. Members receive a USBC Youth membership card, the Bowlopolis Series 1 DVD, a Bowlopolis progress card with award stickers and much, much more.
This is a limited-time offer. The offer ends July 31, 2012. Go to BOWL.com/youth to learn more about youth membership options.