The McKendree women and Lindenwood men came away with USBC Collegiate Tier I victories at the Brunswick Southern Collegiate Classic in Marietta, Ga. The event was broadcast live on BowlTV.
The 17-team women’s division came down to the final two games as McKendree jumped from second to first to take the title. McKendree finished with 10,688 to top Webber International's second-place total of 10,606. Pikeville finished third with 10,477.
Lindenwood easily took the men’s title in the21-team field, finishing with 11,039. Webber International took second with 10,924, while Florida State finished third with 10,810.
In the individual rankings, Lindenwood's Dan Lemiesz led the field with a six-game total of 1,333, while St. John's Domenick Luongo was second with 1,324. Darren Dunning of McKendree was third with 1,291.
On the women’s side, Christine Gill of McKendree earned top individual honors with 1,259. Pikeville held the next two spots with Christina Halen finishing second at 1,207 and Astrid Valiente third with 1,168.
In other USBC Collegiate action over the weekend:
– Wichita State swept the men’s and women’s titles at the Jayhawk Collegiate Challenge at Royal Crest Lanes in Lawrence, Kan. Dylan Burns of Kansas and Jazreel Tan of Wichita State were the top individual performers.
– Midland University, led by individual leader Billy Lowther, slipped past Mt. Mercy for the men’s title while Courtney Couch led Midland’s women’s team to the title at the Minnesota Invitational held at Midway Pro Bowl in St. Paul, Minn.
– Marian edged Notre Dame (Ohio) College by a single pin to win the men’s title and Wright State University won the women’s title at the American Heartland Intercollegiate Bowling Conference II held at Freeway Lanes in Wickliffe, Ohio. Both Marian and Wright State then came back to claim the men’s and women’s titles, respectively, at the AHIBC III.
– Fresno State claimed titles in the two-event J N West Coast Collegiate Team Championship. The Bulldogs edged Central Washington in the first event, and then topped Arizona State to win the second event.
– Rochester Institute of Technology took the men’s title and Erie Community College claimed the women’s title at the Big Red Invitational held at Cort-Lanes in Cortland, N.Y.
For complete tournament results and schedules, click here.