The Lindenwood men held off a late charge by Morehead State, while the Lindenwood women rolled to an easy win as the Lions swept the Bellarmine University Striking Knights Classic over the weekend.
The men's title was decided by just three pins as Lindenwood finished with 9,826, while Morehead State totaled 9,823. Morehead State made a last-game push shooting 1,186 but came up just short. Bethel finished third with 9,067.
The final standings were not as close on the women's side as Lindenwood finished with 8,913, topping Pikeville's 8,517 by nearly 400 pins. Beth took third place with 8,175.
Lindenwood's Kyle Sherman took top individual honors for the men with a nine-game total of 2,102, while Morehead State's Chris Brown was second with 2,095. Dan Lemiesz of Lindenwood finished third with 2,033.
In the women's individual standings, Lindenwood swept the top three spots with Darla Ahlert finishing first with 1,893. Leigh-Anne Price was second with 1,846, while Amanda Greene was third at 1,790.
In other USBC Collegiate action over the weekend:
- NCAA: Maryland Eastern Shore defeated Central Missouri in the championship match to win the UMES Hawk Classic.
- At the Adrian College Open, the Adrian women and Saginaw Valley State men both rolled to easy victories.
- The Indiana Tech men and Davenport women both picked up victories in the Wolverine Hoosier Athletic Conference's second meet of the season.
- The Robert Morris-Illinois men and women swept the titles at the Titan Invite with Midland finishing as the runner-up in both divisions.
- At the Camarillo Open, Arizona State won the men's only event, while Arizona took second.
For complete results, click here.