ARLINGTON, Texas – Entries are being accepted for this year’s United States Bowling Congress Writing Competition. Submissions must be postmarked by Feb. 15, 2013.
The 61st annual writing competition will have a News/Feature category and an Editorial category, and three winners will be selected in each. Winners will receive a certificate and a paid one-year membership in the International Bowling Media Association.
To be eligible, articles must have been published between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012.
Entries for the News/Feature category must be a non-fiction story concerning any individual, facility, equipment or organization related to tenpin bowling, or coverage of a bowling tournament or event.
In the Editorial category, the article may be any opinion concerning a tenpin bowling-related subject.
The guidelines for all entries:
* Entries should not be mounted.
* Entries should be clearly identified as to author and category, publication name and date of publication. The author’s name, mailing address and email address must be included with entry.
* Entries are limited to two per author in each category.
* Entries must be original clippings from the respective publication. Entries published on the Internet must be printed out and include the website link.
* Entries will not be returned.
Send entries to: USBC Writing Competition, 621 Six Flags Drive, Arlington, TX 76011.