Young Delegates Grant Program
About the Young Delegates Grant Program
The Young Delegates Grant Program is designed to encourage more participation in the USBC Convention and promote lifelong engagement.
The strategic planning committee report highlighted the desire to recruit new leaders interested in governance of the sport. This grant program covers travel costs for young delegates interested in attending the USBC Convention.
Grant applicant guidelines:
- You must be an eligible voting delegate under 45 years of age to be considered
- Voting delegates are elected by the membership at their annual meeting or appointed by the board president to fill vacancies in delegate positions.
- Preference also will be given to those who qualify as athlete delegates
- Athlete delegates are individuals who, per USOC Bylaws and USBC Bylaw IX, have demonstrated active engagement in amateur bowling competition by finishing in tournaments as follows:
- For Open or Women's Championship tournaments, the top 5% of all amateur finishers in the All-Events event in the order in which participants scored;
- For Team USA Team Trials and National Junior Gold championship tournaments conducted by USBC, the top 50% of all amateur male and female finishers over the age of 18.
- Preference will be given to new delegates who have never attended USBC Convention
- Previous grant recipients will not be considered
Recipients will be notified in mid-February and will receive transportation, hotel accommodations and meal reimbursement.
Please consider possible applicants and promote the Young Delegates Grant Program at every opportunity.