A USBC Coaching Bronze class is intermediate-level training designed to increase coaching skills and professionalism. This training is recommended for beginner- and intermediate-level coaching with a range of bowlers, from first-time players through high school-level athletes.
Bronze training focuses on coaching fundamentals and covers:
- Coaching philosophy
- Learning styles
- Lesson planning
- Mental game
- Understanding proper fit
- Fine-tuning the physical game
- Bowling ball components and dynamics
- Lane conditions and adjustments
- Two-handed bowling
- Video recording and analysis
- Coaching aids and marketing tips
Participants taking a USBC Coaching Bronze class must be:
- At least 16 years old
- A USBC member in good standing
- A USBC Level I-trained coach
- Approved through the Registered Volunteer Program (RVP) if you are a U.S. citizen 18 years of age or older (for more information on RVP, click here)
*The Bronze-level training test will not be available until all prerequisites are complete.
All USBC Coaching Bronze classes, within the U.S., are:
- $295 at regular price (if paid within one month of class start date)
- $245 at early bird price (if paid at least one month before class start date)
- Registration closes 48 hours before class begins
- $25 processing fee for any cancellations
- Prices include all materials
- Class start times are 9 a.m. each day, with check-in by 8:30 a.m. preferred
- Coaches do not need bowling equipment but should bring Registered Volunteer Program (RVP) badge and bowling shoes for on-lane coaching sessions
- Coaches must attend the entire class and pass the online exam to complete training
- Classes may have participation minimums and maximums per instructor request
- USBC Coaching reserves the right to cancel any class
- Dates and times are subject to change
Upcoming Bronze Classes
- Sept. 24-25, Eagle River Bowl, Anchorage, Alaska
- Sept. 24-25, Palace Lanes, Columbus, Ohio (minimum of 15/maximum of 30)
- Oct. 14-15, West Seattle Bowl, Seattle, Wash. (minimum of 10/maximum of 30)
- Oct. 22-23, Crofton Bowling Centre, Crofton, Md. (minimum of 15/maximum of 20)
- Nov. 5-6, Calhoun Bowling Center, Calhoun, Ga.
- Jan. 14-15, Kegel Training Center, Lake Wales, Fla. (minimum 10/maximum 30)
For class details, including address, instructor, class size and times, click the link below, and then login and click the green REGISTER button on the individual class registration card.
Click HERE to register for any upcoming USBC Coaching Bronze Class.