Bowling has been one of the fastest-growing high school sports over the last decade with double-digit growth in five of the last eight seasons.
This season, high schools in 46 states have bowling programs - 19 states have made bowling a varsity sport, and 27 states participate on the club level.
If your high school has a bowling program, the United States Bowling Congress encourages you to take advantage of its free Team Membership Program. Open to all varsity and club programs, the program provides exclusive benefits to high school bowlers who compete on an interscholastic basis.
Benefits of the Team Membership Program include:
* An awards program to recognize 298, 299 and 300 games, and 700, 800 and 900 series.
* Nomination/Application to the Dexter/USBC High School All-American Team. Each season, five girls and five boys are selected to receive $1,000 scholarships.
* The High School Guidebook for coaches.
* Exclusive e-mail releases for coaches that offer USBC promotions and great tips to help your athletes improve their skills on the lanes.
If your school has been a member of the program before, you should be aware that USBC has added two great benefits starting this season. Those benefits are:
* Dexter Shoe Discount Program, which is a Dexter Direct program featuring some of the company's high-end performance shoes.
* A discount on USBC Coaching's Fundamentals of Team Coaching, an online certification class offered by USBC.
"The Team Membership Program has so much to offer high school coaches and athletes," USBC High School Manager Breanne Eoff said. "It only takes a few minutes for coaches to go online and register their school so they can start to take advantage of these benefits."
Click here to register your high school in the Team Membership Program.