About Bowlers To Veterans Link
The Bowlers to Veterans Link (BVL) is a national nonprofit charity (501(c)3) that supports America’s veteran and active duty service men and women through myriad recreational therapy programs and services to speed recuperation and boost morale to brighten their lives.
Founded in 1942, BVL is the sport of bowling’s oldest and most successful charity – raising over $56 million for this cause.
BVL provides the "extras" not funded by the government, which help speed recuperation and improve morale. BVL programs include:
- BVL/VA Annual Veterans Tournament
- Lane Kits for the Troops
- National Veterans Special Events
- Care. Commit. Contribute.
- "Heroes In Our Midst"
- Re-Creation Performance Tours
- Shoes for Freedom
- John LaSpina, Board Chair
- Dennis Hacker
- Tim Minard
- Keith Hamilton
- David Kellerman
- Lisa Ciniello
- Anthony Colangelo
- Chrissy Lee
- Wally Hall, Member Emeritus
- Johnny Petraglia, Spokesperson
Donors' Bill of Rights
- To be informed of the BVL mission and of the intended use of the organization’s donations.
- To receive appropriate and timely recognition of any and all donations.
- To have access to the identity of the governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To expect prompt and forthright responses to questions regarding donations.
- To have access to information regarding specific donations made by BVL.
- To have access to the BVL financial statements.
- To know that all contributions will be applied appropriately and utilized to their fullest extent
- To know that BVL continuously seeks to provide the best possible programming and services for our nation’s active duty and veteran service men and women.
- To know that BVL maintains close relationships with the Department of Veterans Affairs and the National Association of State Veterans Homes, as well as a host of other veterans service organizations to insure that the continuing care of our nation’s veterans remains paramount.
- To know that BVL has one of the lowest overhead percentages of any charitable organization and that we are committed to maintain that cost efficiency.
Have questions? Contact Mary Harrar at email@example.com or call 703-934-6039.