A USBC Coaching Silver class is three days of training designed to increase coaching skills and professionalism. The class is designed for advanced-level bowling coaches who have passed USBC Coaching Bronze training.
Silver training develops the relationships between bowling ball surfaces and dynamics, lane surfaces, topography and oil patterns and the finite adjustments to the physical game required to become a high-level competitor.
This training is recommended for coaching high-level bowlers, such as collegiate athletes, tournament bowlers and regional and national tour professionals.
Silver training focuses on coaching advanced techniques and skills and covers:
- Finite adjustments to physical game
- Building a bowling ball arsenal
- Advanced lane adjustments
- Matching ball surfaces to lane conditions
- Advanced mental game concepts
- Using video analysis
- Establishing practice plans to develop options in competition
Participants taking a USBC Coaching Silver class must be:
- At least 18 years old
- A USBC member in good standing
- A USBC Bronze-trained coach
- Approved through the Registered Volunteer Program (RVP) if you are a U.S. citizen 18 years of age or older (for more information on RVP, click here)
*The Silver-level training test will not be available until all prerequisites are complete.
All USBC Coaching Silver classes, within the U.S., are:
- $465 at regular price (if paid within one month of class start date)
- $415 at early bird price (if paid at least one month before class start date)
- Registration closes 48 hours before class begins
- $25 processing fee for any cancellations
- Prices include all materials
- Class start times are 9 a.m. each day, with check-in by 8:30 a.m. preferred
- Coaches do not need bowling equipment but should bring Registered Volunteer Program (RVP) badge and bowling shoes for on-lane coaching sessions
- Coaches must attend the entire class and pass the online exams to complete training
- Classes may have participation minimums and maximums per instructor request
- USBC Coaching reserves the right to cancel any class
- Dates and times are subject to change
Upcoming Silver Classes
- Jan. 13-15, Kegel Training Center, Lake Wales, Fla. (minimum 10/maximum 15)
For class details, including address, instructor, class size and times, click the link below, and then login and click the green REGISTER button on the individual class registration card.
Click HERE to register for any upcoming USBC Coaching Silver Class.