Level I Training
In any sport, a coach needs to have a solid foundation of knowledge.
The USBC Coaching Level I online training covers bowling fundamentals. Topics include:
- Roles and responsibilities of a coach
- Progression of skills from two-handed delivery to the basic four-step approach
- Sport safety
- Maintaining a positive teaching approach and environment
- Strikes and spares
- Keeping score
- Adding fun to your youth program
- An overview of programs and opportunities
- At least 13 years of age
- If 18 years of age or older and a United States citizen (including U.S. Territories and U.S. Armed Forces), you must be approved through the Registered Volunteer Program (RVP).
- Current USBC member
- SafeSport Training (free to USBC members, refresher course required once a year)
- Criminal background screening ($30 for two years)
Level I test fee: $49
Please note: The Level I test will not be granted until you have met the requirements of the USBC Registered Volunteer Program. It is important to read and understand all the materials before taking the Level I online test. Users will be given two attempts to pass the test; additional attempts will require a $5 retest fee.
Click here to access the Level I presentation.
Click here for a written PDF script of the presentation (no images).