Level I Training
In any sport, a coach needs to have a solid foundation of knowledge.
The USBC Coaching Level I online training covers bowling fundamentals. Topics include:
- Roles and responsibilities of a coach
- Progression of skills from two-handed delivery to the basic four-step approach
- Sport safety
- Maintaining a positive teaching approach and environment
- Strikes and spares
- Keeping score
- Adding fun to your youth program
- An overview of programs and opportunities
- At least 13 years of age
- If 18 years of age or older and a United States citizen (including U.S. Territories and U.S. Armed Forces), you must be approved through the Registered Volunteer Program (RVP).
- Current USBC member
- SafeSport Training (free to USBC members, refresher course required once a year)
- Criminal background screening ($30 for two years)
Level I test fee: $49
Please note: The Level I test will not be granted if you are required to be USBC Registered Volunteer. It is important to read and understand all the materials before taking the Level I online test. Users will be given two attempts to pass the test; additional attempts will require a $5 retest fee.
Click here to access the Level I presentation.
Click here for a written PDF script of the presentation (no images).