Eligibility and rules
USBC Youth Eligibility
USBC Youth membership is available to individuals who have not reached their 18th birthday prior to August 1 of the current bowling season and have maintained compliance with USBC Youth Rule 400.
Youth bowlers may not bowl in any activity (substitute or pace included) which offers any of the following as prizes:
- Cash or bonds
- Merchandise exceeding $500 in value
Youth may bowl in SINGLES competition (including sidepots/brackets) offering such prizes as mentioned above provided prior to bowling:
- The youth signs the Consent Form and the competition agrees to award the youth's prize in the form of a scholarship; or
- The youth signs the Consent Form waiving his/her rights to any prizes which may be in violation of this rule.
Buying or selling of earned prizes is prohibited - Any youth bowler deemed in violation of this rule is subject to disciplinary action including the potential loss of youth membership.
Note: There are no limits on scholarship amounts or entry fees (must be paid directly to the tournament director/manager) and reimbursement of actual travel expenses into the next higher level of competition or any tournament or event. (Receipts must be provided upon request.) The prizes authorized by a state high school athletic association or collegiate athletic association recognized by USBC and USBC Collegiate are not subject to the limitations of this rule.
Suggest League and Tournament Rules
Are you looking for suggestions on how to properly state your league or tournament rules? Click on the links below and you can download some easy-to-use rules templates we have created.
- Suggested youth league rules
- Suggested youth handicap tournament rules
- Suggested youth association championship tournament rules