2019 USBC Open Championships
South Point Bowling Plaza
March 9 - July 8
No. of Lanes: 60
Lane Surface: Brunswick Pro-Anvilane (Generation 2)
Pinsetters: Brunswick GSX
Pins: Brunswick Maxx
Lane Machines: Kegel Flex Walkers
*The lane conditions for the 2019 Open Championships will be available once the event concludes in July.
The team practice sessions at the South Point Bowling Center will feature the 2019 team oil pattern.
The Bowlers Journal Championships presented by USBC will feature the 2019 doubles/singles oil pattern.
LANE MAINTENANCE PROTOCOL
In order to provide transparency on the lane maintenance process at the 2019 Open Championships, Bowlers Journal Championships presented by USBC and team practice sessions, USBC is providing the following information:
- Lane maintenance operation summary
- Lane machine setup information
- Open Championships verification checklist
March 9-16 | March 17-23 | March 24-30
- Bowlers Journal/team practice verification checklist
March 8-16 | March 17-23 | March 24-30
Watch a video about the lane maintenance procedures here.
Daily checklists from 2019 USBC Open Championships are being posted regularly during the event.
Daily checklists from 2019 Bowlers Journal Championships are being posted regularly during the event.
Lanes 1-60 at the South Point Bowling Plaza
- The Lane Map Graph is the gravitational influence on the lane prior to the application of lane conditioner.
- The black and dark blue areas of the Lane Map Graph are stronger gravitational forces to the right.
- The light blue areas of the Lane Map Graph are weaker gravitational forces to the right.
- The maroon and red areas of the Lane Map Graph are stronger gravitational forces to the left.
- The yellow areas of the Lane Map Graph are weaker gravitational forces to the left.
- The green areas of the Lane Map Graph represent a minimal gravitational influence.
- The bottom of each Lane Map Graph is the foul line, and the top is the end of the pin deck.
PREVIOUS OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS/BOWLERS JOURNAL CHAMPIONSHIPS LANE MAINTENANCE PROTOCOL AND TOPOGRAPHY REPORTS
Click here to view the information from the 2018 events in Syracuse, New York.
Click here to view the information from the 2017 events in Las Vegas.
PREVIOUS OPEN CHAMPIONSHIPS LANE CONDITIONS
Click here to view previous lane conditions used at the Open Championships from 2010-2018.